Review: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Published January 10th 2012
Publisher: Dutton Books
Cover artist: Rodrigo Corral

Format: Paperback, Hardcover, E-book, Audio
Pages: 313

Genres: YA

Purchase: Amazon  /  B&N  

My copy: bought from Amazon 


Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.








“As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”

    How I fell in love with this book: slowly, and then all at once. I can't believe I didn't read this sooner! John Green really knows how to write a great plot and an amazing characters. I just got so much feels from this book, like seriously it was so beautifully written that I can't imagine how people can hate this wonderful creation. 

“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.”

    I feel like this book can make you feel so many emotions, you will feel like your emotions all over the place.  It was funny, heartwarming, touching, encouraging, and very much heartbreaking. This book will captivate you. It will make you laugh, it will make you cry. Page after page you will be trapped in that sad but so hopeful world. This book really shows how to keep on living even if you feel like giving up. 

   This is one of those books where every characters in the book are just simply amazing. They were so real that it didn't even feel like I was reading a book, I felt like I was following someones real story. I think even tho it's fiction, this book as real as it can get. There are a lot of people that suffer from cancer and they all have stories, who knows maybe there is Hazel somewhere out there. Hazel is probably one of my favorite fictional heroines. She is a strong, intelligent character with a stunning personality. Augustus is as equally amazing. They are just perfect together. Their relationship was real, it was a pure love that one human can feel for another. They show you how to appreciate all of the little moments, and how love can really be unconditional. I honestly didn't see the twist towards the end of the book! Yes, there is actually a little twist, which might make you...upset, really upset. The only thing that I didn't like about this book is the ending. It wasn't how I expected the book to end, I actually though I had a page missing in my copy. 

“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” 

   You know what? All I have to say is that this book was remarkable, and that all of you who haven't read it should definitely read it! Especially since the movie is going to come out in the summer!! I can't wait! 





2 comments :

  1. This book is so impressive and I needed quite a few tissues near the end. It's such a sweet story, even though it's about a harsh reality. I really liked your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is probably one of my favorite books!

      Delete

 

Grab our button!

Total Pageviews

Goodreads Challenge 2014

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Anastasia has read 7 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Favorites::

Anastasia's favorites book montage

Vampire Academy
The Host
Remember Me
Wake Unto Me
Pretty Little Liars
Angelique
Seduced in the Dark
If I Were You
Night Game
Hopeless
Warm Bodies
City of Glass
This is Not a Test
Earthbound
A Game of Thrones
The Sea of Tranquility
Darkness of Light
Ten Tiny Breaths
Left Drowning
Divergent


Anastasia's favorite books »