Review: Teen Fury: Unleashed by Amanda Torrey

Teen Fury: Unleashed by Amanda Torrey

Published: November 5th, 2012
Publisher: Createspace

Series: (Teen Fury #1)
Format: E-book, Paperback
Pages: 264


Source: From the author for an honest review

Genre: YA, Fantasy 
Purchase*: Barnes and NobleAmazon
Add on Goodreads

Rating: 3.0




Book Description: 

Adopted at birth, fifteen year old Felicia Murphy has no idea she's the offspring of a Fury and a god of Mercy. The discovery will soon shatter her world... 

Felicia's reputation as stable and trustworthy means everything if she's to win the grant for the troubled kids she mentors. Snakes emerging from her head, massive mood swings, and a strong thirst for vengeance do not fit into her plans. She has no time to worry about her adoptive parent's separation and the unwanted discovery that her biological parents are supernatural freaks. She can't confide in her friends; who would believe her? 

As her life spins out of control, she allows herself to be distracted by the two new guys who are suddenly showering her with attention, pulling her in different directions. 

Felicia has choices to make. Embrace the Fury and risk everything, or find a way to tame the beast.


My Review: 

  The plot and the idea behind Teen Fury is very interesting and refreshing. I really liked the whole fantasy with mythology idea befind the book(finally something other than vampires/werewolves). The beginning of the book was really interesting. It was interesting to observe the changes that Felicia was going through, and her new response to  situations. I loved the first part of the book, but half-way through I just started to get so annoyed. 

  At first I really liked the characters, Felicia seemed really strong, caring with a really good goals in her life. Her friends were also funny and the friends that will always help you in need. So everything was good, until the  cliché part. Half way through the book, we see how she becomes torn between two guys(of course), and how her personality totally changes. I mean I get that she is now part Fury, but the way she was thinking was just....I wanted to punch her at times. Lets just say she become totally selfish, it was all like "Oh they don't know what I'm going through, it's not my fault I'am such a bitch, blah blah". The worst part is that her friends also started acting all weird. Like the part where her friend wrote in a school paper about how bad of a friend Felicia is. I mean...seriously? Yeah there where those "what the hell" moments. SO the characters definitely not the best in this book. 

  Oh there was some crazy romance in this book. You know one girl torn between two boys that are totally opposed from each other. As you may now I like bad boys...in books...But in this one I didn't really like neither. But like half way through the book I started to like the good boy, Ryder. I didn't really like him in the beginning because he was kind of creepy, and later I started to realize why he was acting so weird and creepy. Now Zane "the bad boy" he just reminded me of typical jock teenager. You know the one that every girl likes, the one who is handsome and an asshole.  So basically in a book Felicia is trying to figure out who she should trust and which guy she loves more. I felt like she did have a connection with both of them, like the pull towards them both, but it wasn't that strong. I liked her moments with Ryder and the way he made her feel, because to me when she was with Zane it was just a physical attraction. So I was Team Ryder!

 Overall the book was okay, some parts I really liked but some just weren't good. I liked the plot and the unique idea behind the story. I also liked how the book started and ended. What I didn't like is how the characters changed, and basically like the middle of the book. I give this book 3 stars because I feel like it could of have been a lot better with such an interesting idea. 





1 comments :

  1. I hate it when a book starts off so promising & then nosedives like that. I reach a point where I'm no longer that into the book, but I've already put my time into reading it & I want to see how it ends. So I see it through to the end hoping against hope that the author will get back to writing as he/she started up & give us a great ending that will leave us wanting more. You should check out the Lichgates Series by SM Boyce ( no werewolves or vampires) It's a great read. from the first page of the first book to the last page of the 3rd book. She has one more in the series set to release later this year. A couple more that are good is Smoke Wings & Stones by Marijon Braden, & More than Magic: Semester Aboard. They both have vampires & werewolves but are really good reads.

    ReplyDelete

 

Grab our button!

Total Pageviews

Goodreads Challenge 2014

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Anastasia has read 7 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Favorites::

Anastasia's favorites book montage

Vampire Academy
The Host
Remember Me
Wake Unto Me
Pretty Little Liars
Angelique
Seduced in the Dark
If I Were You
Night Game
Hopeless
Warm Bodies
City of Glass
This is Not a Test
Earthbound
A Game of Thrones
The Sea of Tranquility
Darkness of Light
Ten Tiny Breaths
Left Drowning
Divergent


Anastasia's favorite books »