Review: Pool of Crimson by Suzanne M. Sabol

Pool of Crimson by Suzanne M. Sabol

Published: February 6th, 2013
Publisher: Soul Mate Publishing

Series: (The Blushing Death #1)
Format: E-book, Paperback
Pages: 234

Genre: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance 

Ages: 18+

Purchase*: Barnes and NobleAmazon
Add on Goodreads

Rating: 4.0





Book Description: 

Killing vampires is easy. Trusting one will be the hardest thing Dahlia Sabin has ever done. Dahlia has lived a lonely existence as a killer of the undead. Known as The Blushing Death to those that fear her, Dahlia uncovers a plot by Columbus's Master Vampire, Ethan. He intends to raise a demon from the depths of hell to destroy the city, cement his power, and take control. 
In her pursuit to stop a demon from manifesting, Dahlia sinks deeper into the city's supernatural underworld and discovers that vampires are not only deadly; one in particular could be dangerous to her very soul and her heart. Patrick, the Master vampire's second-in-command with dark penetrating eyes and a cool, deadly sophistication, can't stay away and Dahlia can't tell him no. There's something that neither of them knows, Ethan wants Dahlia's unleashed power for himself and is willing to do anything to get it.
 Dahlia is in a race against time to send the demon back to hell, at war with her better judgment, trusting a dark and intriguing vampire with his own agenda, while struggling to save her own neck.

 As the portal to hell opens, Dahlia has only herself to rely on in order to survive, if she can....


My Review:

  Pool of Crimson is a kind of book that has a little bit of everything in it. It has action, humor, romance and it gives out a good thrill. The plot was pretty good (I have always loved reading about vampires). I loved how the world the book was set in not only involved vampires but also had werewolfs, demons and ghosts. The plot, in my opinion, was very good developed, the story didn't jump around and their weren't many confusions. To me the only confusion was "Smarmy", I couldn't figure who/what he was....

    Dahlia was an awesome character. I loved how bad-ass but at the same time vulnerable she can be. I also liked that she acted real, her character just felt real. She got scared, she cried, she had a fucked up past and memories she can't but wants to forget. I loved her story. The only thing that annoyed me at times is her going back and forth between Ethan and Patrick, it confused me to the point where I honestly couldn't predict who she will choose. Just to put it out there I was definitely Team Patrick! Ethan just annoyed me to death with his " I need to obey" thing. Patrick was just H-O-T (well he was more cold in a sense, since he is technically dead, but you know what I mean) He is just I guy I always would feel attracted to, you know a bad boy type(+vampire) I can't resist that feature. His remarks and  conversations  with Dahlia were just amazing, and hilarious, makes you want to just go to the parts of the book were its only them. Plus their relationship was H-O-T ! That car scene...oh god... 

  Overall, I really enjoyed this book, definitely would have to check out the rest of the series! The plot an characters and romance, everything was there. If you like to read about vampires, love triangles, some kick-ass action, you should definitely check this book out! 






3 comments :

  1. This book sounds really interesting, the cover too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for introducing this one. I haven't heard of it before. Sounds like a book that has it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it sounds interesting and a beautiful cover

    ReplyDelete

 

Grab our button!

Total Pageviews

Goodreads Challenge 2014

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Anastasia has read 7 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Favorites::

Anastasia's favorites book montage

Vampire Academy
The Host
Remember Me
Wake Unto Me
Pretty Little Liars
Angelique
Seduced in the Dark
If I Were You
Night Game
Hopeless
Warm Bodies
City of Glass
This is Not a Test
Earthbound
A Game of Thrones
The Sea of Tranquility
Darkness of Light
Ten Tiny Breaths
Left Drowning
Divergent


Anastasia's favorite books »